Whatsapp finally added biometric lock feature to its Android app. Whatsapp is working with fingerprint lock in the last months. Now, WhatsApp rolls out fingerprint lock feature to its new Android update. To get this feature update your WhatsApp to latest version from play store.
Once you updated to the latest version, now follow the below steps to enable fingerprint lock.
- Open Whatsapp and click on the three-dot menu icon
- Next, tap on settings
- Now select account setting and then privacy settings
- Now scroll down to the bottom and you can see fingerprint option (by default it is turned off)
- Now tap on that and toggle the switch
- Then WhatsApp will ask you to touch the fingerprint sensor
- Nex, WhatsApp will ask the time duration (Immediately, after 1 minute or after 30 minutes)